Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Por Una Cabeza

What the hell am I still doing here? I’m still stuck in Tronoh. With no transport. No thanks to those numbskull blokes at Tmn Maju. What I thought my final slumber at UTP turned out to be my 2nd last. I hope last night would be the definitive end.

If the day before turned me into a Da Vinci enthusiast, yesterday I dwelled into tango music. I must say Por Una Cabeza is my favorite. Originally sung by Carlos Gardel, it was later adapted to tango into a beautiful serenade. Pity, it only lasts for a mere 2 minutes. Oh look, I’ve turned into a man of the arts. That’s something I didn’t expect. I sure hope I can get home today. Last night, I had to walk in the rain to get a decent meal. Along the way, I could hear the sound of my footsteps echoing between the blocks of V4-E and V3-D as I walked along the pathway. It wasn’t at least scary but sure enough frustrating, considering the consequences of the incidents that had led me to that situation.


Cuantos desengaños, por una cabeza,
yo jure mil veces no vuelvo a insistir
pero si un mirar me hiere al pasar,
su boca de fuego, otra vez, quiero besar.

Many deceptions, loosing by a head...
I swore a thousand times not to insist again
but if a look sways me on passing by
her lips of fire, I want to kiss once more.

No comments: