Monday, December 20, 2004

Beauty and the Beast

It was during one of those men chat that I was having with a good friend of mine,who was educated in the art of seducing women since the tender age of 13 that I asked him this question, "How in the world does an absolute beauty like that," pointing my index finger to a tall Nicole-Kidman-like girl, "end up with a less-than-atractive partner like that?" shifting my finger to her spouse, a scruffy looking Willem Dafoe.I continued, "and it happens more often than not.It's one of the mysteries of the universe".
"Well," shifting his seating position,he replied, "It's not really a mystery.You see, when a woman of that beauty emerges,usually the regular blokes,liek you and me,and even sometimes the good looking ones,could only admire her from afar.Why?Well,most of the time they are scared.Scared of being rejected.So,when the "rightful" people dared not to make the first move, a lesser bloke came along, with nothing to lose,dared the unthinkable and guess what?He bags the princess" he finished with a sly grin.
Obviously quite stunned with the directness of the answer.I could offer no reply.Staying silent,I could only indicate that I couldn't agree more with him.

No comments: