Thursday, August 18, 2005

Surprising Myself

When the concierge Michael J. Fox chose Gabrielle Anwar over Anthony Higgins’ 3 million dollars, he chose love over money. I think I’m about to do the same.

I’m going for the Armani. Only a few hours before departure time have only I’ve decided to go for love, rather than money. I can’t believe I just said that.

I’m supposed to leave right now but goodness, it’s been raining heavily outside. I’d like to say cats and dogs but looks more like dinosaurs to me. Driving in these conditions would be rather pointless. Not to mention hazardous. I just hope it’ll stop soon because I can’t be leaving too late, I have to stop at Giorgio Armani first. Wow, now that’s something you don’t say too often.

While it’s raining outside I find myself watching Rebel Without A Cause. Yes, the James Dean classic. Funny thing is, I always picture James Dean as this definition of machismo and coolness of the 50’s. Somewhat a serious version of Fonzie. So I watched Rebel with much intrigue and for the first time ever, I heard Dean speak. And it was such a disappointment.

It reminds me the time when I first heard David Beckham spoke. Yeah sure, he has this THE haircut look and girls all over the world swoon over him but his voice, oh man, his voice sounds like an 11-year-old kid from next door ordering ice cream. Same thing with James Dean. But with his so-called bad boy image he sounded more like a brat.

Okay, maybe I’m being pre-judgmental here to diss such an ‘iconic’ figure. Maybe I should watch more James Dean movies before I can pass further judgment but as of right now, I couldn’t see the big deal behind the man. I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I’ll give higher marks to Brad Pitt as far as this thing is concerned.

Ahh I can hear the birds chirping. A good sign that the rain is stopping. I better get a move on. I wonder when the next I’ll be updating It’s a Guy Thing, because I’ll be leaving for Kota Kinabalu Monday morning for a good ol’ vacation. Oh if only life is always this good. Well, off to UTP.

No comments: