Wednesday, August 10, 2005

MO Haze

I thought yesterday was the worst haze-looking day I’ve ever experienced in my whole life. But today, it just got worse. I could walk out onto my lawn right now and look directly at the sun with my naked eyes and wouldn’t need to squint even a bit. But that’s nothing, considering the sun is millions of miles away. I am looking through my bedroom window and guess what’s missing? The city of KL. Yesterday I could still make out the shapes of both the KL Tower and the KLCC Twin Towers but today, wow, today I lost the whole fucking city. What’s in place is just a blanket of white mist except it’s not mist. It’s haze. Unhealthy, contaminated, bad-for-your-health haze. Really makes you think twice before considering going out of your house, at all. This may be the fickle of my imagination but I think my room is beginning to smell like burning forests.

Moving on…

I ventured out again yesterday, the objective being the MO Outlet at Taman Shamelin Perkasa, and the good news is I found it. Though I must warn you, Cheras is not a pretty place to get lost in, especially during the evening rush hour. Once you missed a turn, you have to go through a lot of trouble finding a way back to that exact same spot. But I somehow managed to locate the place after nearly finding myself on the way to Kajang, and you wouldn’t believe the area it was in. It was in an industrial area. Forklifts were running about and the rear ends of trailers were parked beside the roads. It was the last place you would expect to find a store selling designer clothes, but there it was, right smack in the middle of it.

Surprisingly, not many customers were there. In fact I was the only one when I walked in. Sure enough, there were Zegnas, Hugo Bossess, Cole Haans, Furlas and Aigners and at reasonably cheaper prices too. Items retailed at Rm300, you can get at RM100+. RM4000 at RM3000+. Quite significant discounts. But there’s a catch. They are all last season’s collection. But that shouldn’t matter because, let’s be honest, Malaysians are not exactly the Elle Woods kind of types. However, one huge disappointing drawback is that there are not many choices. The store is not that big ergo the collection. For example, I was hoping to find a fine piece of tie at a reduced price but although they were Hugos, they only have it in plain. From the palest of blue to the darkest of black. And they’re all priced under RM200, which is a lot cheaper than you would get at KLCC but I was looking for something more imaginative. Aigner offered something more adventurous but they were only 10 of them, that’s it. No more. So I walked out a disappointed man. But not really heartbroken. It is still a good store. May be if I want to find something classy for office wear, I would probably return. Even the Datin of the famed Datin Diaries shop there once in a while so it couldn’t be all that bad. You are most welcome to try and visit the place yourself. After all, I am just a guy with an amateurish taste in fashion.

Ungu Violet. The latest Indonesian teen flick to come out of that country with the promise of being along the lines of Ada Apa Dengan Cinta? and Tentang Dia. The stars of Dian Sastrowardoyo and Rizky Hanggono will be having a meet-the-fans session at TGV KLCC later today (Aug 10, 6.30 – 9pm). I would very much like to go but I have a family dinner arrangement for tonight. I wonder if I could make it both. I’m beginning to regret that I didn’t go to Mid Valley yesterday where they (Dian and Rizky) had their first meet-the-fans session. Instead, I found myself at Zegna KLCC where I was spotted by the saleslady who exclaimed to her colleague, “Wow, is this the guy from last time?” I must admit, it was rather embarrassing but since she said it with a smile, I guess it was harmless. I only came last week and yet she could remember my face. Thankfully I didn’t tell her my name. Imagine the scene if I did. “Oh Mr. Faizad, back so soon? What may I help you with this time? Still undecided are we?” and then all the people in the store would be looking at me.

Oh look, I think I just lost view of Gombak as well. And for the record, the Armani still looks the best. Hugos are pretty laid back and Zegnas can be a bit tacky. Also for the record, I am not fan of Indonesian films but when someone like Dian comes and visits, the least you can do is to meet her in person.

Till next time, take care of your health everyone.

I wonder if the birds can see where they’re flying to…

Not really stylish is it? Not to mention the bad angle view

No comments: