Wednesday, August 03, 2005

August-us

Aah August. The month when at the end of it, our country celebrates its National Day. A very good reason to party frantically the night before. The girl of the month is Tata Young. Very tantalizing but still fell a bit short from July’s girl of the month, Maya Karin. More popularly known as the fiendish pontianak nowadays but ask any guy who has FHM’s 2005 calendar and I can guarantee you most of them would want to make out with her even at the price of having her sucking the blood out of their necks. And not to mention her smile. Sexy, haunting, ghoulish, mesmerizing - all rolled into one.

As for me, personally, I have my convocation to look forward to. Nearly a year after I had finished my studies. It’s not that bad, actually because it gives you the opportunity to chill first. I’ve just came back from One Utama and after spending a whole afternoon loitering there I am still as clueless as I was this morning as with regards to my ensemble.

The ensemble:
Suit
Shirt
Tie
Shoes
Other accessories

My suit is already under completion but I do have trouble picking out a savvy tie. Usually people will have a black suit, white shirt and a red tie. It looks good, very charismatic but everyone will wear it. It’s like a 3 Series BMW. It’s fabulous but incredibly boring and unimaginative. I was thinking about that Hugh Grant look in Two Weeks Notice but after scouring acres of shopping stores, I could not find the proper shade. Either they’re too pink or too purple. When the shade is right, the pattern goes horribly wrong. I ended up giving my temples a massage after seeing so many colours. Tomorrow I’ll be trying my luck at Suria. Hopefully I can find something under the sun.

August too has lots of arty stuff on offer. The jazz fest at Plaza Mont Kiara, a 17 band performance at the Atmosphere, theatres of Romi and Jolee, and Neil Simon’s The Odd Couple, and I still want to check out the National Art Gallery.

Next on my to-do list is to venture out and locate some of KL’s latest (or not) hot food outlets. Most of them are around Bangsar but you can’t actually pusing2 around that area during the weekends because it’s jam packed like crazy. So what better time than midday weekdays?

And returning in August after a 2 month hiatus is the 2005/06 football season!!Oh yeah!Plus, now I can enjoy the kick-off of the new season from the comfort of my own home and not hassle for cafeterias chair between 50 odd other students for a 19-inch TV screen. Two things I'm looking forward to this season, or players for that matter - Shaun Wright Phillips and Edgar Davids. It's gonna be awesome.

So, lots of stuff to look forward to in August. I always make a habit of making outrageous plans so that even if you don’t get to fulfill them all, completing half of them would prove more than enough. Because there’s always tomorrow. Cheers.

No comments: