Thursday, August 11, 2005

An Evening with Dian






Sepenuhnya aku ingin memelukmu
Mendekap penuh harapan
Tuk mencintaimu
Setulusnya aku akan terus menunggu
Menanti sebuah jawaban
Tuk memilikimu





That’s the chorus of the song Menanti Sebuah Jawaban from Indonesian band Padi. The theme song for the film Ungu Violet. It is also the song being played over and over again on my PC while I’m conjuring up this blog entry. For the full translation in English, you can visit Ity Nadira’s Blog, under the blog title, coyly renamed Waiting for an Answer.

Now, why am I doing this? You might ask. Well, the reason is, yesterday I managed to meet the stars of the film Ungu Violet, Dian and Rizky, and it was strangely awesome. Although I know it’s a tad cheesy to start off with the words of the theme song but what the hell.

It was announced that they (Dian and Rizky) would be at TGV at around 6.30pm. Well, they weren’t. Surprise, surprise, eh? Following my gut instinct, I chilled elsewhere and only made my way after 7. And yet, when I arrived, I was still early. They came at 7.30. One bloody hour later. These marketing people, I tell you, so annoying. But they get you every time, because once the stars appeared, you forget all the bullshit that was running before. So, a little bit of advice, when you decide to see a celebrity make a public appearance, be it known that they will only arrive one hour later than the promised time. Being “fashionably late” as they would call it. So find something to do in the meantime. Unless, of course, you wouldn’t mind going through the hassle just to get good seats (or good standing positions in most cases).

So there I was, no exception, because once Dian showed up, I was star-strucked. Almost forgetting that I was standing for almost half an hour, listening to Mazlan of Senario making not-so-funny jokes. At first I thought getting a first hand look Dian would be enough for me. I thought of taking some pictures but my brother took the digicam along with him to Genting, so sorry people, no pics of Dian I’m afraid. But then an opportunity did come to me in getting their autographs. I was reluctant at first, seeing all the people crowding up to see the stars but once again, what the hell. So I joined the ‘moshpit’ and it was probably the first time my arms brushed against so many bosoms and my hands against so many tushes at one time. I was squashed by hordes of teenage girls, apparently diehard fans of Indonesian films. Good thing I was slightly taller than most of them which allowed me sufficient breathing space. But, finally, I managed to get their autographs. Plus, I shook the hand of Dian as well. So, hooray for me! And what a beautiful and breath-taking smile she has.

To tell you truth, Dian did not strike to me as a hot-looking actress. I presume that behind all that make up, glam and pizzazz, should I bump into her alongside Lot 10, I couldn’t tell that she is this hugely popular Indonesian filmstar because she would look like every other Malay girl. Unless though she greets me with a “Selamat sore,” then I would know that she’s at least Indonesian.

So here I am, with two signed Ungu Violet postcards (a red one from Dian, and a blue one from Rizky) and that sensation feeling at the touch of Dian’s hand, though she did had a marker in hand which made it less dramatic. You’d probably asking why am I talking so much about Dian and not so about the hero, Rizky. Well, that’s simple, ‘cause I’m a guy. Of course I’m much more interested in the leading lady. But I guess Rizky does deserve a mention here. But unlike Dian, Rizky has some distinct features which would make him recognizable alongside Jalan Bukit Bintang. The dude got some thick eyebrows. So should I see him between Haagen-Dazs and Dome, I would like check his eyebrows and go, “Dude, you’re Rizky!”


But that as far as it goes with my Indonesian themed trip as I had to rush home for dinner, and I barely made it thankfully. And guess where we went? Kak Long Paradise Island CafĂ© at Batu 8, Gombak. Tomok is probably having a laugh right now because I went with him the last time along with a few others and it was such a horrid experience. The ambience was better this time as I get to accommodate in one of those little wooden huts and it was quite nice. And the food also tasted surprisingly better but still not that great. I’ve tasted better. As far as I’m concerned, I still wouldn’t recommend the place to other people.

A little check out of the bedroom window and KL is still invisible. And the meteorological department has confirmed that the cause of the haze is because Rafidah’s ass is on fire. A little SMS joke I received from a friend.

I don’t have definite plans yet for today. Apart from looking at a Burmese cat having its morning stretch on top of my neighbour’s roof. And then taking a nap. That reminds so much of me.

No comments: