Monday, August 08, 2005

Football, with a touch of cliche

Another week has gone a full circle and we are back on a Monday.

Interesting things has happened in the past few days. Top news – Chelsea has claimed the Charity Shield! Yeah! At the expense of Arsenal! Double yeah!
It was just awesome. Just awesome at Cardiff.

But a bit of disappointing news, I was wrong about Amylea. She didn’t win but she did come out tops amongst all the female contestants. I guess I wasn’t entirely wrong. The one who did win it was that bloke from Johor. Tell me, how dumb and naïve are we Malaysians have become? Very, I’m afraid. Thankfully, the fiasco is all over. People will still talk about it for some time but it will die out gradually. With the football season kicking in, all the better.


Speaking of football, a new film is coming out, local movie, mind you, and it’s called Gol & Gincu (Goal & Lipstick). Quite a catchy title, don’t you think? It’s a bona fide modern day chick-flick. But I’m convinced it’s going to be better than those Cinta Fotokopi and Sembilu 2005 trashes. It’s much more refined and although penned by the people who made the so-called popular 3R TV show, what strikes me as the most interesting part is the element of futsal as the core background of the movie. The movie is about a girl who tried to win her futsal-holic boyfriend back by taking up the game upon herself. Enqueue friendship ties, self-discover, bla bla bla. I think it will be fun to watch how girls play futsal on the big screen. It wouldn’t be sexy, I mean, it used to, but just less these days. Will it be any good? Well, it’s going to be filled with pink ribbons with matching futsal shoes but I think it’ll offer something different to our local scene, albeit it will showcase a cliché of the crowd you see every weekend at Hartamas Square

No comments: