Sunday, January 02, 2005

Tis' Holiday Season

Although I didn’t get the Lamborghini Murcielago that I asked Santa for Christmas, I find myself, how would you say, ‘entertained’ for the past week or so.

Yasir’s wedding was fun. Also, the night out afterwards with the lads at Yow Chuan although my tire got punctured later on. A good day of football the day after. Laid back at home for the next couple of days. Got stood up at JPN on Thursday (which I might add the ONLY downside of the week) but went out with Jes for the rest of the day and that is always fun. Unfortunately, financial constraints were on both of us so the choices of things to do was a little bit restricted. If not we would’ve gone to Genting and went on roller coaster rides and end the day with a hot latte.

Then came the pinnacle day of the year. December 31st. Although it was already confirmed that no official celebration will be held in respect to the lives lost in the tsunami aftermath, people still thronged to KLCC park, wishing for something, anything to happen. Some fireworks display I suppose. I too went there to see IF anything did turn up. Sadly though, those thousands of people will go home more disappointed than they were when they came. However, the only new year partying will happen at night clubs and so I went to Jln P. Ramlee and was I spot on. While the pathetic Malay community sat miserably around the KLCC lake, the Chinese and the occasional ‘mat saleh’ got it down there. There was no collective countdown, just a sudden surge of noise when the clock ticked 12 but still it was quite fun. The clubs were filled to the brim. People were masquerading the streets and there was a lot of spray cans laying around. The kind where they shoot out doodles or foam out of them. Of course, people were nuts and almost everyone got, even passer by, got sprayed. Myself not excluded. Of course all in the spirit of celebrating so when I got foam in my hair and the guy who did it shouted “Happy New Year!” right on my face I could only reply with a generous smile. Strangely, these things are well fragranced. Just so to make them less annoying I suppose.

Then came the quality time with the family. It has been quite some time since Mom was able to gather all of her 4 children at the same time so when it did finally happen, she made it count. And for one, couldn’t possibly ruin that. Family comes first. That’s why I even ditched the annual new year celebrations with the lads.

The new school season starts tomorrow and for once am glad. I finally get to go to the movies and not having myself queuing behind kids who dresses up thinking he’s the next Jay-Z or Nelly. Finally, some quality time for myself. And I’m headed to Bukit Jalil tomorrow to support the National team. That’s something to look forward to.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, life is peachy

No comments: