Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Scent of a Woman

I never thought light has a smell to it. It was even a nice fragrance. I found that out last night. Around 1 a.m., seated next to me in the passenger seat in mom’s Spectra driving along Jalan Sentul. She, of course, is Cahya (or Nur, as my brother likes to refer to her). She’s a stewardess and (surprise2) is dating my brother. God, he’s good. Anyway, I was on a rescue mission. Apparently my brother took Valerie to go out with Cahya and (another surprise2) the alternator went bust. So, there I was, in my depressing Next t-shirt and Nike shorts, answered my brother’s distress call all the way from Sentul. Being in line with The Code, parents were not notified. Answers are only given upon questioning (which was the next morning). Anyway, the point is after nearly more than an hour waiting in the street with my brother waiting for my arrival, when she stepped into the car, she smelled good. Almost flowery. Compared to her, I felt ashamed just to be in her vicinity. How you girls do that? Even in the most unpleasant of situations, you people somehow just able to smell nice. Alluring even. It baffles me. To me, it’s one of the great mysteries of the universe. Actually, this reminded me of a similar situation a few years back when I picked up eiwa from Medan Kidd. She just arrived on a bus all the way from Kedah. That’s a 6 hour ride and it was already 7pm. 6 hours in an express bus, I must say, I expected a comot version of eiwa. You know, the tired, sleepy and glad-to-be-out-of-the-bus kind of version. Boy, was I wrong. When she stepped in, my car suddenly smelt like a rose garden in Cameron Highlands. It was blooming all over the place. I was almost lost in the pleasant aroma. It was once again flowery…and somehow fresh…like rosebuds in the early mornings. And even a touch of Jasmine. With a slight spray of citrus. And the way she looked, goodness gracious, did NOT resemble a person who just came off from a 6 hour journey. She looked she just stepped out of the shower…prepped and ready to go. The level of shameness that I experienced at that moment was exactly what I felt last night, seated with Cahya by my side. You see, a man could never achieve that. Even after a 45 minute plane trip. Women just looked better. And smelled better.

It just amazes me, actually. The scent of a woman. I’d must say, it’s one of my weaknesses. If I was in the middle of a conversation and whiff of a woman’s fragrance pass me by, I would be lost and had to recall my last few words. Once, a friend asked what I liked most about a woman and I said, “…the way she smells”. She let out a small laugh. Yes, she. Women has one of the most deadliest weapon and some of them didn’t even realize they have them. And yes, she, my friend, too smelled nice.

No comments: