Monday, January 17, 2005

Tiada Lafaz yg Lebih Agung

Anugerah Juara Lagu ke 19. That’s my highlight of the weekend. I would like to say that I actually went to Stadium Putra to catch the event but in reality...no. I watched it in front of the telly. Strangely though, the experience wasn’t that bad. And I just fell in love with Relaku Pujuk. I have heard it before and already I thought it was a good song. Then, I heard and saw it again performed live and I just realized, this song has a soul. It was hard to believe that the song came from the same group that brought Aladdin (which was a horrible song. I hated it...instantly). But the biggest surprise must be the fact that it beat Misha’s Pulangkan.

As for me, well, the only ‘pulangkan’ I’ll be doing is to bring back my little brother home this Wednesday from Kuala Selangor for the Raya Haji holidays. That is almost 3 hours of back and forth driving. As for tomorrow, I have to take my sister to Bukit Bintang and then to Kelana Jaya to pickup my grandmother as she will be going to see Siti Nurhaliza later that night with my brother. What to do? I’m the family chauffeur. 2 months of almost non-existant driving then suddenly I’m raking up the miles like mad.

Employment update: tomok is the latest member. He will be going to Formis. No real surprise there. He'll start on 24 January. As for me, I’ll be planning my birthday bash on that day(as if I’ll have one). But seriously, I don’t think I’m quite ready for work. I am in my final transition period. The first was before kindergarten when the only entertainment made sense on TV was slapstick comedy. Then it was before primary school. That wasn’t really cool because you’re too scared of entering Standard 1 (apparently, it is depicted as hell). Then it was after UPSR. Now that was sweet. I remembered coming to school a month after the final paper and sitting at my table and don’t know what to do because I had played all the games imaginable already. Walking to the canteen during recess suddenly became a significant event of the day. Soon, hell really did came in the form of high school. The only thing made me going was the brotherhood that was bonded during those 5 grueling years. But after SPM, whew, I turned off my brain to the point it almost became non-functional. Then, comes the present. The gap between the student life that I have become so accustomed to and the final frontier….the career life. Thankfully, I have endured 8 months of industrial internship so I know what to expect. But, that is not all good news either because once I do have a job, that will mark the end of waking up at 10 during weekdays. The end of frolicking around KL at noon while most people are working and the traffic made sense. The end of late night football, the end of the relaxing life as I know it…and loved. I will become a drone. Haih…and you know the saddest part is? It’s inevitable. I am destined to become a drone. Buzzing around for the good of the community. But unlike the actual drones, I’ll be making money. That is good news. 4 digits of good news. And soon after, I may be looking at a luncheon at Chinoz and an evening latte at Starbucks.

You know what, I think I’m gonna start look for work tomorrow. LNG marketing sounds fun. But in the meantime I think I’m gonna a lil bit of Mygo at Sri Hartamas. And rub shoulders with Yogi B? haha…that’ll be something.

1 comment:

SasaShasha said...

if you know any interesting job, please let me know. i don't want to die of heart attack so soon :`(