Tuesday, October 09, 2007

At The Gardens

Some people call it a crying call for attention. I just call it disgruntled blog readers due to lack of dosage. Well, good news, you godless sodomites. My MBA finals just ended last week so I am now on a 3 week semester break. And with all this free time I have decided to focus on my writing. Updating this blog more regularly is half of that agenda but also, I think it’s about time I get started on that book that will lead me to fame and fortune. Problem is, I have absolutely no idea where to start. All I do know is I’ll have a girl as among the leading characters and it’s going to end with a tragedy. I will definitely not go for a happy ending. Where’s the fun in that? People don’t remember happy endings. But people will always remember a tragic ending. The one that makes you gasp and go, ‘Oh my God!’ Well, maybe not an absolute disastrous one but an ending that is maybe not an idyllic situation but the best way possible how everything could have turned out. You don’t want Kong to die but he can’t continue terrorizing New York City the way he did. And you feel bad for Naomi Watts but in the end, it really is the beauty that killed the beast. Or something like MatchPoint. Really? Scar Jo? Or a little Mighty Aphrodite. They have each other’s child but don’t realize it. Something tells me I’m gonna watch a lot of Woody Allen movies for this.

In other shitty news, Mourinho has left West London and although there is still bitterness on how things are at the moment, as a Chelsea fan, I suppose I need to get behind Avram, whether I like it or not. Let’s face it, one way or the other, results are needed on the pitch and bitching about lost cause isn’t going to help anybody. The club needs to go forward but that Shevchenko guy is really getting on my nerves.

Moving on.

Now, it’s no secret that for the past few weeks I have been busy with all the projects and presentations, not to mention the finals itself for my MBA, that I rarely go out to KL. I went to Ampang and Pantai Dalam occasionally (and that little Sunday trip to PJ) but that’s basically it. Imagine my surprise when I drove around Bukit Bintang and found out they changed the traffic directions, yet again. I wasted an extra15 minutes trying to get to Low Yatt because I took, which was before, not suppose to be a wrong turn. I’m sure it’ll improve traffic flow but fuck it’s annoying. And it wasn’t helped that before that, I went to Mid Valley and just when I thought I have finally conquered their parking layout, they changed it too. Now they have a P3 level and premier lots and 32 different exits. Honestly, the little ‘guide’ on the parking ticket which I’m guessing supposed to be helpful? Nope, sorry, didn’t do its part.

However, the Mid Valley trip was totally worthwhile. I mean, I went to Low Yatt to get a new CMOS battery but I went to Mid Valley to meet my honey. And that is always worth my time. Seriously, my hair was growing out of control. I have been putting off to see Abby for two weeks now ‘cause I couldn’t fit the time in between. Well, I do now. And as I arrived at the 3rd floor, the Jantzen receptionist told me that Abby was transferred to the outlet at The Gardens. It was a good thing too because if she hadn’t, I probably wouldn’t have taken the time to check out the place myself. All I can say is that it does look a bit more stylish. The Gardens, that is (funny how The Gardens sounds a lot better than Taman-taman). Then again, Coach and Hugo Boss are among their tenants. And the staff do dress like they work at a 5 star hotel. Intriguing, and yet fascinating.

As for Jantzen’s new baby outlet, well, it’s called Hair Studio, located at the corner of Isetan’s 2nd floor entrance. In terms of size, it ridicules in comparison to the loft they have at Mid Valley. That’s why I call it a baby outlet. It’s so cramped. It looks just like one of those 15 minutes express haircut joints. Except this one has Abby in it and better interior. And she screamed in delight at the mere sight of me as I made my way through. Well, not really screamed but just a nice smile and an enthusiastic wave. I was the one who screamed in delight. I didn’t do that out loud though. But that’s what I felt inside. Instead I just gave a slight ‘hey’ nod. Y’know, something Brad Pitt would do.

Any-hoo, one thing I like about the new place is that there’s no crowd. Yeah, I know it was a Monday and all but that didn’t stop people from filling up Mid Valley right across. I just don’t know where all this people could find the time to go there. I mean, not everybody is on an MBA semester break are they? But back to our main story, even without a crowd, I still had to wait as she was attending to another client. And the shampoo assistant assigned to me was a bit rough and that was kind of annoying. And the water she took to my head was a tad too warm. Standards dropping a bit, aren’t we? That would also explain the absence of the all black dress code for the staff. For once, I see Abby dressed other than black. She was in a brown top and jeans. It was certainly a refreshing look. And she smelt of Ralph by Ralph Lauren. I just love how intoxically seductive that feels.

It was such a relief to have all that excess hair out of the way in the end. It felt like a burden was lifted. And Abby’s delicate fingers helped smoothen the process. I mean, really. As I was settling my bill, Abby handed me her new card and told me to take her hand phone number down just in case I require ‘more’ of her services besides the haircut. And she did mention something about her Thursdays as being very lonely. Okay, I made that last bit up but I do have her phone number though. Or as James Roday would put it – digits!

Actually, what really happened was, the new place has yet to have a phone line set up, so even though there’s a fixed line number on her new card, she couldn’t be reached, so in case I want to set up an appointment, I could just call her on her cell. By ‘appointment’, I’d like to think ‘booty call’, but y’know, different people different meaning. But really, if I choose to call her right here, right now, I do have that option. Just for the fun of it. But I won’t because it’s already past 1am and I’m a pussy. Ah damnit. I can already see that all too familiar comment coming. But, y’know, maybe I will ask her out for drinks…some day. Because, seriously, even though her nenen isn’t much to shout about but, damn, the possibility to have sex with her is ultimately glorious. Of course, she has a nice personality to boot as well. Oh yeah, sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think i need a raya haircut,if she is good,gimme the number wanker!

Anonymous said...

i suggest u write something like nacho libre or benchwarmers.then we can work together.haha