Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Departure of Mr Mourinho

Most of yesterday (Wednesday) was spent trying to figure out the case analysis that I was supposed to present today (Thursday) and a lengthy discussion with my managerial accounting lecturer. Then, it was business economics class. 3 hours of exchange rates, its determinants and the difference between flexible and fixed. By 10, I made my way to Ampang to attend Cipoi’s house warming BBQ party. Just a small crowd of less than 10. Enjoying grilled food. It started since 7 but they were nice enough to prolong the event just for my sake. Besides, it was me and Pidot who went to Carrefour Tuesday afternoon getting our hands on 20 pieces of lamb chops and 4 packets of hot dogs. Anyway, I had a quick bite of 2 chops and a burger. And they were surprisingly good. Just don’t tell Watai. But maybe also the fact that I got them right off the grill. Anyway, I was pretty much the last customer and we packed things up soon after. But since it was hardly 11 and BBQ does kind of leave you dehydrated, off to Pelita Ampang. But it was filled to the brim. It was even worse than the usual weekend crowd. We decided it just wasn’t worth the effort so we just hitched to Nasi Lemak Pandan by the corner of CIMB. Some space. A relief! So a round of teh ‘o’s and air suam, conversation were pretty much around the hot lady who just dropped by to bungkus some nasi lemak, Entourage and Chanel.

We called it a night just before 1. I got home and guess what? It’s Champions League night. Second round of Matchday 1. I watched the preview show but as expected, just about 10 minutes into the Sporting vs MU match, I slumped to dreamland. It was probably around 2 something. I woke up about 4.45 am, realizing ‘Damnit, I did it again!’ and managed to catch the post-match show of Richard Keys, Ruud Gullit, Jamie Redknapp and Graeme Souness. That was until my mother summoned me for sahur. Of course, I had mine on front of the TV.

Show ended about 6 and I have a group meeting at 10, and I still haven’t done my part yet. At this point my body is practically shouting for a rest, so what can I do? I surrendered myself to it. But for only up to 8.30 cause I need to take a bath and do a super quick presentation draft of my part. In an hour, I managed to produce 20 comprehensive slides. I was quite pleased with myself. Not bad for a drowsy, semi-conscious bloke.

With much laziness, I started up Jane and drove to UIA. Bemoaning that my day was just starting and I was not in an acceptable physical condition (as if I ever had one before), I switched on the radio to Hitz and then came the news snippet.

‘Chelsea has confirmed that Jose Mourinho has parted company with mutual consent’

WHAT, IN THE HELL, FUCK!!??

I knew my judgment was incredibly suspect at the time but I know what I heard. And it was the most heart-wrenching football news since Italy lost to South Korea in the 2002 World Cup. And even now, while I’m writing this, it still hasn’t sunk in. Mourinho no more? Shit, like, I love the guy! He brought the first Premiership title to Chelsea in 50 years. And it got worse when they appointed Avram Grant to take over first team affairs. Who the hell is this guy? Get Cappello for crying out loud! Not to mention we’re going to Old Trafford this weekend. Yes, the future suddenly look very bleak for Chelsea fans. This was not the kind of news I'd like to get on the day of my presentation.

My presentation went kinda well, by the way. Considering I’ve been walking around with a half lifeless body. Occasionally without realizing, softly chanting ‘Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho’ to myself.

I better get some sleep. I got a paper due noon tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank u... i know i'am a good chef afterall

Anonymous said...

how come got BBQ dont ajak me..fuck

Watai said...

Be a man... update your blog!