Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wreck


This what awaited us as we arrived home from our PD and Cameron Highlands trip. And that is quite a dent. It was Kak Chaya behind the wheel when this happened. Since my brother is away at Shanghai, she gets to use the Kia. And you might thought, well, here’s another female driver caught in a road incident. What’s new? That was my first thought too when I first heard the news, even tough it is my sister-in-law. Because, the matter of fact is, she’s probably one of the few people in KL who could claim that she spends more time in an airplane than in a car. Even before we went off to PD, I had to reverse the Kia out of the drive way for her. ‘Tak konfiden,’ was her reason.

Then, as the whole story unfolds, I was a bit embarrassed with myself. As it turned out, the other party, the one that hit her, were two teenage boys, most likely still in high school, on a motorcycle. Going against a one way street, obviously speeding and of course, with out wearing any safety helmets. Those bastards were lucky to escape uninjured even though the pillion rider ended up sprawling on the hood. Now, you tell me, if you had been at the scene, just in time to catch the outcome, which one would you think was clearly at fault? Can you see why I despise these mat rempits so much? Thankfully, the parents were decent enough to pay for the damages. But let’s do keep in mind that all this was entirely avoidable if those two kids, before going on that fateful ride, would have stop and think to themselves, ‘y’know, this might well be a stupid idea,’ and saves all of us from trouble. And by trouble, I mean, the Kia has to be sent to the workshop to be fixed and with the Honda’s malfunction indicator lamp has lit, I have to drive my mother to work for the past two days as she doesn’t feel comfortable driving the BMW, the Celica and definitely not the Pajero. So, as a result of the idiotic actions of two teenage boys from Greenwood, I had to wake up at 6 am for two consecutive days, take a cold bath in the wee hours of the morning and drive to KL and back!

For all this, I have one thing to say. I really do hope his father gives him a good beating.

No comments: