Sunday, June 18, 2006

My Stupendous Weekend

Moving away from the World Cup. My weekend has been anything but stupendous. I spent the whole of Saturday playing FM, just because I haven’t played it in almost two weeks because of the exams and I really missed it. And it was hard for me to stop too because my team are doing so well. I’m at the top of the league, the top four highest ratings are dominated by my players and my main striker is leading the goal-scoring charts. Oh sorry, talking football again.

Anyway, I thought I might try something different today. Socializing, I mean. But my hopes were dashes as I was assigned to drive to Kuala Selangor to deliver some things to my younger brother. Well, ain’t that just perfect. And it further frustrated me when Pidot called and asked me whether I was coming to the wedding. “What wedding?” I asked in return, fearing that I may misread an e-mail sometime ago or worse, deleted it without even opening. “You’re friend, Zurin,”. Oh shit, that was today?

You see, Pidot is a schoolmate of mine from SAS. 5 years through and thru. Zurin is from my batch at UTP. She’s part of Ara’s clique. If you ask me, they’re the closest version of The Plastics in UTP. Though, a mild version at that. While Ara is Regina, Zurin is probably Karen. Which is why I could never figure out how the hell do guys keep falling for her. Anyway, alas she found someone who gives enough shit about her to actually ask her hand in marriage. That man is Pidot’s elder brother. So Pidot disclosed to me this ‘sumptuous’ information and invited me to the wedding about late last year when we were hanging out. He did mention it’s supposed to be in June but I totally forgot about it six months later. And since I was at Kuala Selangor at that time, no way I could make it to Subang in less than 10 minutes. But, hope is not lost. The kenduri at the groom’s is scheduled next weekend at Taiping. It is tempting. You know, just to actually see Zurin on the pelamin looking shy-shy cat. It would definitely look weird. Just like a platypus looks weird. But nothing’s been arranged yet. We’ll see how the plan develops.

One more thing about Zurin is that she’s the same age as Pidot and me. So for Pidot to call her ‘kakak ipar’, uh , well, I could only imagine his despair. And to think that this woman will be the one having babies with your elder brother, man, it’ll be one those disturbing thoughts worse than the topless scene in ‘There’s Something About Mary’.

Moving away again…
Newsflash – I’m still broke. Would you believe I have yet to receive my first paycheck? How about the reward for my hard labour in May? How am I supposed to take Najua out for a spa date like this? Oh speaking of spas, one of things I’m planning to do with my first ever super duper salary is test out the spa at The Ascott. I’ve been eyeing that place ever since I saw the brochure in Jes’ room. I know it’s overpriced but this is not exactly Bali, is it? I would definitely invite Jes to come along. And probably even Sasa, ‘cause I know she would love the idea spending a weekend at a swank spa. And because I like to see her half-naked.

You know, I do hope they would pay me quickly because the longer this drags on, the more imaginative and unachievable my wishes would become. Getting an IPod, for instance. Or a stereo for Valerie. I know by the end of they day I would left ruing, “Where have all my money gone?” and standing in my bedroom with nothing but a brand new pair of shorts from F.O.S to show for.

Another tempting thought that hit me earlier is to get a World Cup jersey. Although I don’t know what nation I fancy yet. Probably Italy, despite people kept saying to me how ugly it looks. Well, I said the same about Holland’s orange kit and people don’t give a fuck about my opinion too.

But the one thing I would definitely do is get my PS2 fixed. So I can play Winning Eleven 10 endlessly ‘till my thumb hurts and invite friends over to join me until the wee hours of the morning. I know Gambit will love this idea. Apart from his weird fetish for a certain body part of a woman, this is the only thing that could excite him.

Oh shit. How am I gonna get to Taiping if I ain’t got no fuckin, money!? Ah shait. Haih, OMG.

No comments: