Monday, June 19, 2006

Cheesy Monday

Ladies and gentlemen, here’s the song of the day.
Music, please…

Turnaround, every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming around Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time

Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart
Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say A total eclipse of the heart

Man, like that's the song I had to listen to on my way to Puchong. If there was an award for the cheesiest song of the century, you can be sure Total Eclipse of the Heart will be among the top 3.
Damn, y’all, what a nasty Monday today was. Who do they have to put Brazil and France playing on the same night? Worse still, Monday morning. You know I can’t resist that. As a result, I really got the Monday morning blues. Talk about sleep deprivation. You know you got it bad when putting your face against a wall seems a good idea to get a nap. Even my hot senior who usually is my source of motivation to get to work this past week or so just looked, err, uneventful.

Have you seen The Omen? I haven’t but it’s been getting poor reviews both from the press and my peers. It’s certainly disappointing though because I did saw the original movie and it was the first Hollywood horror movie I ever saw. I was probably 8 or 9 at that time and it scared the bejesus out of me. I never understood the storyline back then. all I knew was that the kid was Satan’s child and he can do nasty things with a look. The ultimate scene for me (I don’t know whether it’s in the new one) was when this dude went to the cemetery to check out an infant’s grave. You know how kids my age at that time perceive graves. They’re like the mosh pit for ghosts. So when I saw this scene with strong winds and thunder could be heard from the background, I was mortified more than I could ever remember. So to me, personally, Omen was a classic. As I don’t fancy horror movies so much, for me to say that is a compliment on its own.

Still taking about movies, people are most probably getting all psyched up for Dead Man’s Chest or Superman. But the one movie I’m looking forward to this summer is Lady in the Water. It’s an M. Night Syamalan movie. And I love his movies. Don’t you? Everybody loved The Sixth Sense. But there are mixed reactions since Signs came out. Some people don’t like movies with alien in them – period. These are the same kind of people who hates War of the Worlds. I’m not saying I’m an alien buff myself but as long as they portray the concept in a believable manner, it’s fine with me. Anyway, Lady in the Water is about an apartment superintendent, played by Paul Giamatti (you should see him in Sideways. Absolutely brilliant) who one day discovers a woman in the apartment’s pool. It turns out, she’s a fairy tale character and he has to help her find her back home. Only Syamalan could come up with a story like this. Aren’t you intrigued how this story is going to turn out? I’m excited just thinking about it. Forget about the Man of Steel, although Johnny Depp as a pirate is still quite amusing, and check out the latest from M Night Syamalan. Man, I sound like a promotional gig.

Nanu, nanu!

No comments: