Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Kat

I can’t remember exactly who it was but one of my teachers at secondary school told me during one of those ‘Life Lessons of the Day’ sessions that a lady’s beauty lies with her hands. I’ve always thought that the eyes are the most beautiful part but since I have trouble looking into a mesmerizing pair of eyes and focusing on the conversation at hand at the same time, I figure, looking at the hands sounds like a good alternative. So over a while now, it turned into a trained habit of mine. Only earlier today I was talking to this adorable girl, well, actually, she was the one doing all the talking and I was just listening. Half-listening anyway because I was too busy admiring her hands. She was writing down notes and I thought, my how graceful the way her hands move. They look so soft and delicate. Well, as the elderly would tell you, if a lady has beautiful hands, then it just goes to show how well she can look after herself. And if you think the hands are beautiful, wait till you see the other parts of… well, you know what I mean. She was about to tell me her plans for lunch when I looked up to meet her gaze. She has beautiful eyes. Warm, mysterious and glistening. I, of course, could only hold it for a split second. Then out of the blue she raises her hand and jokingly reported to the trainer that I had purposely hit her with a rolled up piece of paper for no apparent reason. Which I did, afterwards, just as she provided me the reason to do so.

That is Kat. My most dysfunctional partnership in class ever. But I do love her company.

1 comment:

The Gerbil said...

ish no lah. even though kathrie ade 'nice backward bending curve' bak kata tamin tapi bukan die yg dimaksudkan di sini.namenye khadijah.cane jd 'kat' aku pun tak tau tp itula org panggil die.die la duh sblh aku dlm klas banking training scheme.