Tuesday, September 04, 2007

And It Was a Green Day

One of my motivations for writing this post after an overdue absence is so that Ridhu would have one taunt less when we go head to head during Winning 11 11 at Machiko’s. He would start ranting on something and then suddenly. ‘Dahla tak update blog!’ Yes, he’s a confessed regular and yes, it was totally uncalled for and although not exactly hurting, the chance to eliminate such jibes in future situations just seems… preferable.

Anyway, here we are. Post wedding day. Post reunion day. Post Last Hurrah for Jes at Genting day. Post Baby Jane’s return day. And post having the kitchen renovated. Actually that’s not post. It’s still on going. At one time I had this gaping hole on the side of my house. Needless to say, my mother had some pretty worrying nights as she constantly felt that we were so incredibly prone to house robbery those nights that at any time burglars would easily enter and ransack our house, steal the TV, ruin her decorative ornaments and shave the cats bald. None of those happened, of course. I, for one, refuse to be fearful in my own neighbourhood let alone within the compound of our house. Besides, I stay up late pretty much every night and if some shit do takes place, I’d be the first to know. So far, as I came home at around 3 or 4 in the morning on certain occasions, things are cool. No worries there.

As for the kitchen, well, I don’t know how exactly it’s going to look like when it’s finished but I do know we’re gonna have yellow kitchen cabinets. And if I’m not further mistaken, my father is having a Koi pond built around the house somewhere. Well, that’ll amuse Hobbes. Hobbes is my cat, by the way. Classic tabby. Weighs almost 3 kgs. Extremely lazy and an obvious fat ass but something tells me bright colored fishes would attract any cat’s attention no matter how physically passive they are.

Should I talk about the wedding? I should, shouldn’t I? Man, this what happens when you don’t blog after a while. An accumulation of blog-worthy things that’s left unwritten. And to totally discard those stories would be…unethical. Damn these management courses! I’m beginning to use words like ‘unethical’ to communicate myself in an unprofessional context.

Anyway, my brother’s wedding…what can I say? It was beautiful. Everything was so green. It was their theme. And having it at FRIM does help, I think. I was the designated driver for the couple. I was the one who drove them from Kak Chaya’s house to FRIM. Of course, almost nobody knew about this as the best man takes all the credit while I had to park the car in an already packed area.

Sasa, Sarah and Izzu came which was nice. No one from SAS came so that pretty sums up how they can be such fuckholes at times but Machiko did made an effort to came so I guess that entitles him to an exception. And yet, he still finds joy in beating my 5-0 twice in 1 day. Twice! I mean, I’m a seasoned Win 11 player like he is but damnit! I tell ya, Rooney is evil.

Anyway, back to the wedding. I kicked ass for my speech. Oh yes, I probably didn’t mention this but a few days before W-Day (get it? Yes, I know it’s lame) my mother told me that I have to give a speech on behalf of the family in welcoming my new sister-in-law. She will prepare it for me, of course, but a speech? Y’all kiddin’ me? Oh thank you for the head’s up. What did I do to deserve such pressure? Same shit when I was designated to become the MC for the Scuds reunion dinner. But, as always, I pulled through. Unfortunately though, no one was to give the plaudits. Because, y’see, the kenduri is an open affair. Meaning anyone would come whenever they want within the stipulated time, have their meal, meet some relatives, take some pictures with the bride and groom and leave. So, it’s not exactly a formal function where everyone is seated at their tables and conversations are turned into whispers. No. This one was like a traditional kenduri. It was riuh, so to speak. So was the case when I went to the podium. Even my mother missed it. She was like, ‘You’re done with the speech?’ and I was like, ‘Yeah, about a half hour ago’. Only when the AV people compiled everything and made this edited DVD of the wedding day that people could finally embrace my awesomeness. I don’t know if they were patronizing me but credit is always welcome, how overdue it may be. And of course, Project Folklore received the same fate. Fully enjoyed only by the closest family members. My grandmother loved my speech. Aren’t they great? Even if you suck, they always say nice things to you.

That’s basically it actually. Truth is, that event took place more than a month ago so the buzz is pretty much gone. Which would explain my lack of enthusiasm. And we have yet to go into reunion day. Or that day at Genting. Or Mrs ‘U’, who is expecting. Or Mrs ‘W’, who isn’t but has one hell of a sexy voice. Or Mirsya, the Indonesian who looks like Sharifah Amani with a headscarf. One of my main motivations to come to class every Monday and Thursday. And Eiwa is somehow still my guilty pleasure. Other people has chocolates but mine has tits and if memory has anything to go by, a very delectable ass. How on earth does this feel guilty!?

If you see any wedding photos in this post, chances are they are added later. Cheers.

Oh yeah, Jane’s back. Took a while but she’s back. No more problems ever since. I so rock.

No comments: