Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dude, Where's My Car?

Some may find this hard to believe but on certain weekends, I tend to accompany my mother to the Sunday morning market. And last Sunday was one of them.

The main reason she wants me to come along is she wants to pick up only a few stuff and would only require about 20 minutes of shopping time. So that makes finding a parking, which are notoriously difficult during these morning markets, I was the perfect foil to wait in the car by the side of the road while keeping the engine running.

As such the case, it was quite the norm as she shut the passenger door and I put the gear in Park, pull up the emergency brake and rolled down the windows to breath in the morning air.

That morning was no different than any other morning the previous weekends. Except when my eyes caught a pakcik walked by in front of the car in your typical kopiah, t-shirt and kain sarung. Judging by the plastic bags he’s holding in his left hand, I assumed he’s done grocery shopping for the day.

Lackadaisically, he crossed the road, all the while retrieving his car keys from his pocket, and walked towards to this nice looking maroon 2007 Honda Accord. As he came to the side of the car, his hand reaching for the door handle, he suddenly stopped and smiled to himself. Without much hesitation, he turned to his right, and continued walking a few more metres ahead to another car.

His maroon Proton Waja.

Lek ah pakcik nak berangan pun!

No comments: