Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Bunga Effect

I had a plan. I got it all figured out. I would go up to her and say, ‘hey, happy birthday. So what is it? 19?’ and we’ll have a little laugh. Sounds perfect. It ought to be perfect. But, some things you can only plan so much. I was not present for the moment of truth and, honestly speaking, it was nobody’ fault. Something came up. Yes, there are things more important than seeing Megan running around working up a sweat and wishing her happy birthday. This was few weeks back.

Today, if all goes well, I might get to see her again. After nearly a month of not doing so. Whether or not she even noticed my long absence is hardly relevant (because I know the answer to that question) because as far as I’m concerned, just to be in her presence is probably going to be the highlight of my week. Let’s just call it the Megan Effect.

Oh wait, that reminds me.

After going through my BM phase recently, it got me thinking. What do I use ‘Megan’ to refer her? Or ‘Charlize’ before that? Wouldn’t it be cooler if, say, I use something like Yasmin? Or Sazzy? Or Fasha? Fazura? Fauzana? Whoa, that’s too many F’s. How about Deborah Priya Henry? Nah, nanti Deb lagi sorang perasan pulak. Or a little Indonesian flavor? Rossa? Mulan? Atilia? And my personal favorite – Bunga Citra Lestari. At least I can pretend to be Ashraff Sinclair. Hey, ske ati aku la, angan-angan aku! But, seriously, Bunga is not bad actually. I know these name changing can be troublesome and confusing, but if you call yourself my loyal readers, you’d bear it with me.

Now, I better get ready and go Mandi Bunga (I wish I can say that more often).

No comments: