Monday, July 31, 2006

The Topic Is 'Women', Yet Again

What a glorious Monday, isn’t it? A little dark, a little gloomy, add a bit of rain and voila, more than half of the workforce arrived late to their offices this morning. Myself included. Fortunately for me, nobody noticed.

Another brand new week, another fresh new challenge waiting to be conjured. So who will it be this time? Well, I don’t have much of an idea now. No Najua, definitely. She’s been occupying my time for nearly the whole month of July. It’s time for find someone else. For this week at least.

One fantabulous news, of course, is the return of Aritha to Malaysia. Her 2 months stint at Chennai has finally ended. And the first thought she had when she made her first phone call to me since arriving back was to ask about the cite hot between Najua and me – at 1.30 in the morning. Well, I can tell you she didn’t get much for me. I was quite unresponsive because I was asleep when she called. I even had trouble remembering Najua’s face. But finally, out of annoyance, I think, she said she’d just read my blog instead. Then suddenly my phone batteries went dead (a strange typical scenario every time Aritha calls me) and I went to take a leak. My phone rang again while I was still in the loo but when I got back, I was too drowsy to make any return calls, or even text her. Sorry, luv, the bed just looked too tempting.

Moving on. Now, about Eiwa. I think I made that call to her around this time last week. Yes, it was definitely last Monday. Well, I think today would be perfect for that little tête-à-tête we agreed on. I could even pick up the latest copy of Esquire when I’m there as well. I just hope she isn’t busy.

As for tomorrow, well, thanks to my muse, Sasa, I’ve already got plans. We’re gonna go to Starlight Cinema. They moved it to Sentul Park this year and for you who’s never been to Sentul Park before and are asking questions like ‘Why Sentul?’, let me tell you that the place is b-e-autiful. I first went there to see Harith Iskandar doing stand-up-comedy at KLPac and I too was quite skeptical at first. But when I arrived I was so amazed that I couldn’t believe I was still in Sentul. It has lakes, trees and filled with little green hills. It’s a bit like a miniature Lake Garden. Hey, we do have decent parks her after all! Anyway, it’s so far deep that you don’t hear the commotion from Jalan Ipoh. Even Harith made a humorous comment about it during his show.
“You’re probably excited about the show, ‘Yeay, we’re going to see Harith Iskandar! Where is it? Ha? Sentul? Is it safe, ah?’. But wouldn’t you agree it is actually a beautiful place?”
‘Yay’ to that.

You know, all these talk about Najua recently almost made me forgot about Kat. A woman who would actually call me back if she ever promised to do so. Unlike some people! Anyway, she called me sometime during the weekend and one thing I noticed during our conversation was that we have shifted from the ‘aku-kau’ to the ‘I-you’. Hmm, interesting development. It could be just on the phone but it could also mean something else. But I am reluctant to make further advances because at the moment she does have a boyfriend. And I have seen him, picking up Kat for lunch once. And he looks, well, tame and harmless. He looks like the last kind of person you’d want on your side in a brawl. I know Kat would certainly have much more fun if she’s with me but it makes me feel sorry for the guy if I should ever decide to come between them. Well, there’s plenty of time for Kat in the future. No rush there.

All this women talk is beginning to tire me. I’m gonna talk about something else in my next entry.

No comments: