Monday, February 20, 2006

Jes' Ascott

Jes is from Penang. But Jes is working in Sarawak. However, right now, she is stationed at KLCC and her current residence for the next 5 months is at The Ascott. Oh yes, The Ascott. And her most frequent guest is me.

Last year Ity came to KL to help with an exhibition that her company was participating in that was held at the Convention Centre. And for the few days that she was here, she got to stay at The Ascott. As expected, I tried my luck to get her to let me visit her upstairs. But since she had a roommate, my efforts were futile. Inappropriate and everything. An opportunity missed. So I guessed I just had to wait for Ity’s next visit for my next shot. Which is why it made me so happy after finding out Jes’ situation.

I knew Jes is to stay at KL for the next 5 months but all the while I assumed she was staying with her sister at Kota Damansara. The delightful revelation came when Apau, Tomok, Nebu and I decided to go for a movie last Friday. While the rest decided to stop by at TAR College for dinner at nasi lemak d bomb, I came straight from my ACCA class, which ended about 9.30 pm, to KLCC. To ease my impending boredom upon their arrival, Tomok suggested I persuade Jes to join us.

“Jes? Where is she now?” still at the office?
“She’s at The Ascott,”
“The as… The Ascott!?”

A quick call to Jes and 10 minutes later I was lounging at her living room, 32 storeys up. It was awesome. Just simply awesome. And no, she has no roommates. Darby Park is probably slightly more lavish but I have no complains with Ascott. What can I say? It’s a luxurious fully-furnished apartment. It’s spacious, comfortable, the whole range of Astro channels, a Sony TV, a Sony DVD player, a Sony Stereo and it’s on the 32nd floor. Just 1 floor below the penthouse. The view was second to none. I could’ve stayed there all night just chillin’. It almost made me feel sorry to leave for the movie.

Later that night, the last thing I thought about before going to bed was The Ascott. The first thing that hit my mind the next morning when I woke up was The Ascott. The whole day at class I only thought about The Ascott. Aah~The Ascott. Surely enough, by the time it was 5, I just had to drop by again.

At first I though I was going to check out the pool area located on the 22nd floor (nak
tengok mat salleh chillin’ kat tepi pool). But the sofa was sooo nice, I even dozed off a while. Sorry ah, mok. Terpaksa beksteb sikit. Layan duh bilik Jes. But I couldn’t stay for the night (even though it was incredibly tempting) as I decided to join Tomok and the gang at OU. A little boys night out.

I though about visiting Jes again on Sunday but since she had to go out during the day and her bedtime is around 9, the trip wouldn’t be worth it. So I guess that’s it for the week. Next weekend she plans to go back to Penang. So I guess the next time I can come again is many, many days more-lah. But no worries. She is available until July. Haih, Jes is going to be so muak seeing my face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beksteb siot...arghh tensi nye...aku pun nak pindah "ass kot" le bley?? ko gak ckp lonely la nak mencikcur sementara nak tunggu apau lepas ngidam kat kedai feveret nasik lemak dia tuh..sbb tu la aku suruh ko ajak jes skalik..

KEF said...

;D

Jes in the Ascott, please send my regards to her.

ItyNad said...

bes ke ascott itteew?? he he ayo aku rasa ascott tuh bese je.. makanan breakfast tak sedap :P
tp jes.. ko bleh la lari lari dlm bilik bleh main sembunyi2