Wednesday, June 08, 2005

...and she was wearing pink

Today I almost, unintentionally flirted with someone’s wife.

It was lunchtime and I just getting comfortable at my table with Nabil when my eye caught a group of three women sitting a few tables away. Two of the more ordinary looking of them were facing away from me but I was looking right across this single one. And I tell you she was absolutely gorgeous. With a face you’re sure is as sweet as sugar by just looking at her. And her smile, oh, a smile so alluring that would render the whole crowd silent.

She was so captivating that I can’t take my eyes off of her and it was just a matter of time before she notices. Normally I would back off in embarrassment but it was too good to be missed in so that I still catch a few glances now and then. I noticed her, she noticed me, I noticed that she noticed me and I was definitely sure she noticed that I noticed that she noticed. A thought really did came up to me to walk up to her and say, “Yes, I do believe it’s time we’ve met,” and probably exchange phone numbers. But, as fate would put it, she put both her hands up under her chin and there lay bare….her wedding ring. I could only look down and giggle in amusement. Whew, that was close. But, upon her departure, she had to walk by past where I was sitting and for one final moment, another brief glance to each other and she gave the slightest of smiles. It happened in a split second but it was as if she uttered, “Sorry, hon, but I’m already taken,” and all I could say was, “Yes, ma’am,” in acknowledgement.

Now, before you get all dismissive and start throwing accusations that I have a thing for older women, may I point out she was a young and again, fine looking woman. Any bloke would’ve mistaken her for a singleton. As if none of you came across any gorgeous MILFs. She probably had only been married for two years, at the most. I was just unlucky, gentlemen, just unlucky. If it hadn’t been for that one piece of jewelry, the story might have been different.

So, what have we learnt from today’s lesson? Don’t flirt with someone’s wife? Nooo. Au contraire, by all means please do because it’s a hell of a fun. And that is the important message for today. Flirting is fun. And those that don’t involve words are the best.

No comments: