Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Gutted

An accounting quiz was to be held last week during class. It was delayed ever since. Today it finally came and after a few quick revisions I was brimming with confidence on doing well. When the marks were tallied in the end, I had the lowest score among the 7 students. It felt horrible. It was like being hit in the gut. Just like when Chelsea lost to then newly-promoted Charlton Athletic couple of seasons back during Vialli’s reign. To top this disappointment off, I have to belanja the lecturer lunch as part of an earlier deal for the lowest scoring student. And guess what he wants for lunch? Chili’s. Chili’s I tell you! Bloody fuckin’ Chili’s! Even I hadn’t had Chili’s for 3 months. Now I have to belanja someone something which I myself crave? Oh ain’t that just peachy.
The only compensation I have is that I like the guy. He’s very laid back and quite a joker. So I really hope that all this is just one mean joke. Nevertheless, I still feel I owe him something for not performing, even above my own standards. Fortunately enough Chelsea will travel to Anfield later tonight for the Champions League Semi-final 2nd leg. Nothing better to cheer up oneself than an enticing football match. I just hope Chelsea wins tonight. If not, then I will be one upset man come tomorrow morning with a bad case of crankiness from a lack of sleep.

No comments: