Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Ignorant bastards, Plaza Damas and Million Dollar Mansions

Men have always been accused by women of being ignorant or having the attention span of 2 seconds when involved in a one-on-one conversation. Well, I cannot say that my views represent all of the male species but for me, I just cannot look at a woman straight in the eyes because I will get lost in them. It hasn’t happen in a long time but recently it did. I am already aware of my inability to sustain long gazes but I thought, what the hell, maybe I’m past it. So I tried it. 2 seconds later I found myself breathing erratically and my palms sweaty. I had to return my attention to my drink just to get a grip back to reality. It seems I have NOT past it. I just cannot bring myself to look into the eyes of my love interest. They would be so beautiful that I could almost swim in them and be in absolute tranquility. And we’re just talking about the eyes, not yet the luscious lips. Oh my goodness, those lips. If only I could bring them to my fingertips….haih…enough of that.

Moving back to the real world, so, what’s new? Val’s back… to the bengkel that is. This time it the bush of the front arm. I tell you, it’s like she’s having AIDS for cars. It’s a new disease every two weeks. Luckily I have other cars available for me to drive to Plaza Damas tomorrow. Oh yes, the MyGo interview is scheduled tomorrow. But I guess it’s just a formality more than anything else. But, goodness me, do I love the place. I checked it out a couple of days ago and it was just super. Definitely 10 times better than Setiawangsa. Although, not entirely completed but already trendy stores are blossoming around the place. It’s in Sri Hartamas, what do you expect? It was class all the way. A few steps from the office, I saw this store that was still under renovation but on the glass walls was the unmistakable green logo of Starbucks. Oh, I almost cried with joy. However though, Nazreen emailed me yesterday (and a few others too) and it was an invitation to the Chartered Accountancy briefing. That was fine. But what troubled me though was the fact that the next batch was planned to start as early as mid March. Oh shait indeed. I figured the earliest they could start was 3 months from now considering the last batch started only end of last January. So, I thought, maybe I’ll have some fun at MyGo for a few months and then strip off my social life around May. Now, it seems, fate has a different plan. But nothing is decided yet. I could only conclude further hopefully by the end of next week. In the meantime, I’d probably go to Genting and get myself crazy before I retire the word ‘fun’ from my vocabulary in my dire pursuit to be an auditor. I may even have to forget about dating. Oh speaking of which, my dating plan went quite well. I just missed out on Aisha and Ara but no worries, there’s always every other weekend. I managed to get hold of the other three.

Oh, as an ending speech, I would like to express my gratitude to Aritha who had rather purposely added another item on my list of things to get when I become a millionaire, and that is a premium mansion at the Tropicana Golf and Country Resort. The houses were so huge they were ridiculous. One could park a 747 inside one of those if it weren’t for the walls inside. At least now I know where those 17-year-old kids who drive around in brand new E Classes with the P sticker on both ends of the windshield live. Anyway, should I able to purchase anything on that piece of land as much as a square foot of grass, Aritha, you’d be the first to know. Lovely as ever, and even though you criticized my taste in music, I forgive you. As for everybody else, arriverderci.

Oh by the way, I sent out invitation for a new yahoogroup. It’s febeles and I do hope those of you who has receive those, would kindly join. Till then…

No comments: