Friday, November 21, 2008

Reborn With Adidas

I almost, almost bought a navy woven tie from Gant yesterday. I was cooing and stroking it gently when thank goodness I managed to snap out of it. That was too close. Seriously, I could not afford another relapse. The Club Monaco incident in February 08 is still fresh in mind.

Anyway, dusting myself off from another potential unnecessary purchase, I had my eye on the Adidas store and I saw that they have a nifty little campaign going on called Reborn.

Basically you turn in any of your old sneakers and get a RM50 or RM100 rebate on a new pair of Adidas shoes. Of course, terms and conditions apply. Don’t they always? Anyway, let me put the ad:


Terms and conditions apply:
• Campaign duration: 1st November – 31st Decemebr 2008. Bring in any old sport shoes and receive an immediate RM50 reduction on adidas shoes worth RM250 & if you buy adidas shoes worth RM500 and above you are entitled to an immediate RM100 reduction.
• Each discount value is applicable for one item purchase only.
• Any brand at any value of old items in decent condition is accepted.
• Only sport shoes are accepted, high heels, sandals, slippers will not be accepted.
• This promotion cannot be applied with any on-going promotion.
• We reserve the rights to change the terms and conditions without prior notice.
• Offer not applicable to Bounce medal, adidas Originals, adidas Gold and Stella McCartney range.
• For every 20 pairs transaction, adidas will donate 1 pair to Harvest Centre Bhd.

This promotion will be available at the following adidas sports performance stores:
• KLCC: Lot 310, 3rd Floor Suria KLCC, 50088 Kuala Lumpur
• SACC: Lot GS-03A, Ground Floor, SACC Mall, Jalan Perbadanan 14/9, 40000 Shah Alam
• Pavilion: Lot 5.01.01, Level 5, 168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
• The Gardens: Lot T-220, 3rd Floor, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Now, here’s what I think. I’m thinking of getting a new pair of futsal shoes since, well, it’s been so long I forgot when. Safe to say I was considering it for a very long time. Problem is none of the recent designs has really caught my imagination. There are some good ones but all of them were already adorned on the feet of most of the people at Samba. And the last thing I want is to be caught wearing the same pair as the guy next to me when I step onto the pitch. Call me fickle but I prefer to call it being unique. I know I’m not that good at playing to be so particular on footwear but I honestly do not care. Besides, they’re my feet.

However, with this Reborn campaign. I’m willing to be less ‘unique’. RM50 rebate at least, man! I don’t know about you but that’s incredibly tempting. So, it’s most likely my faithful pair of Adidas futsal shoes for the last, oh, I don’t know, 5 years? Maybe more. It will finally give way. We’ve been through good times. You shall be remembered. Also, I have another pair of old shoes. A pair of Nike trainers, although lately I begin to suspect that it’s a knock-off version because of its continuing episodes of falling apart. But, hey, the campaign says any shoes any brand so I guess that’ll go too. This one will not be affectionately remembered. It has caused me nothing but agony. Chances are I’ll probably get a RM100 rebate now. Yeay!

You know, talking about new shoes, it gets me giddy. I’m feeling the itch. It’s time for the New Shoes song. Hit it Paolo!

No comments: