Sunday, July 06, 2008

Back To Basics

Wow, it has been awhile, hasn’t it? That Italy elimination really left me in tatters, so to speak. That or maybe I was just too damn lazy to write anything lately. Most probably the lazy thing. But, since here I am, let’s go!

First of all, we are not going to talk about football today. Well, okay, maybe not that much because, hey, I have to mention Spain’s victory and congratulate them. You know, they worked hard for it (those pricks!). So, post-Euro 08, things are getting back to somewhat normal again. Most importantly, I no longer have to divide my sleeping hours into two phases, so I could last the 3-5am matches. You know, that sleeping habit was really taxing. And half the time it doesn’t work. Like the Germany Croatia semis. I was left to bear out Shebby’s comments during the highlights segment to know what happened in that game. Believe me, I wished there had been other ways.

But, enough about football.

Geez, come to think of it, now I don’t know where to start. We could talk about food, which would mean that I’d be talking about Tony Roma’s which I finally had the chance to dine at for the first time after all this while. And the verdict? Man, I could not wait for my next visit. Yes, it’s pricey but the portions, oh, they’re so generous. And what I liked most about was the option of four tantalizing sauces at your disposal, just sitting there on your table. And I only ordered chicken. God knows what they’ll give me should I ordered ribs, which were their specialty. Ribs, man, ribs. Grilled to perfection. Cholesterol never tasted so good.

Or, I could talk about movies. The latest being The Happening. But I usually reserve movie reviews on Flixster. They got stars and pictures I can dabble with. It adds a nice touch. And yes, I, too, was disappointed with Happening. Especially the absence of the normal twist at the end which I was really looking forward to in every M Night movies.

Or shoes, I can talk about shoes. I can’t believe this but I actually want to talk about shoes. Particularly Onitsuka Tigers.

I asked someone, if I was in the market for some cool shoes for, y’know, leisurely purposes, what kind of shoes I should be getting. Because, I’d be honest, I haven’t bought shoes for myself for a very long time and I realized that fact when someone asked what my shoe size were and I couldn’t remember that I had to guess. It was a clear indication I need some new kicks.

So, this friend recommended a pair of Converse or better, Onitsuka Tigers. At first I couldn’t even spell the damn brand until by accident I stumbled across Sole What? at The Gardens. It is one of the few shoe stores in the whole of Klang Valley to be selling these shoes. And hence, the birth of my somewhat obsession with the brand. I googled it, wiki-ed it, went to sneaker forums, you name it. Until I came up with a list of the stores that were selling this brand and it’s not a long list. Which in a way suggests the rarity of these shoes in the Malaysian market. And I’m such a sucker for rare items. So, for the past few days, I have been scouting the shopping malls of Klang Valley for the stores which offer the most options of Tigers. And so far, it’s Ecko Unltd at OU. They have a whole wall of Tigers, unlike other stores at which one only had six pairs on display. Like, come on! And while snooping around, I came across another brand called K-Swiss which looks kinda cool too. In a very hip-hop artists kind of way. Then, I started to worry because I beginning to sound so much like Turtle. Next thing I know, I’ll be wearing a cap in reverse. Oh wait, I already did that at Sunburst. Damn it! And why did I refer shoes as kicks!?

Okay, okay, okay. You know what we need to be talking about here? Women. Boo-yah! That’s right. Sometimes, I just forget the purpose of this blog. Talking about women can be so much fun. Except maybe for the fact that there’s nothing much to go on about currently. I mean, I do have something but, you know, the same ol’ usual suspects. Mostly Eiwa, which I find rather peculiar if she hasn’t found out about this blog already. I mean, lesser people have stumbled across this page one way or another and yet, well, to be fair I only meet her on very rare occasions and the subject of ‘hey, I read your blog the other day talking about me in a very sexual manner and it kinds of turn me on’ is unlikely to come up during those brief moments. Especially the ‘turn me on’ part. Which is what I’m totally going to do today. That is talking about her in a very sexual manner.

I saw her the other day. Which is about two weeks ago. Depends on when did Petronas held its Open Day at Permata. My brother was overlooking the go-kart joint so the whole family stopped by to check it out, so to speak. But we were there only briefly because we arrived late and it was nearly noon so you can only imagine how hot it was getting over there. I am so prone to heat strokes. Anyway, a funny thing happened when I was visiting one of the booths. It was a foot massaging booth, and sitting on a stool next to me while I was looking around was an old man, nonchalantly puffing cigarette smoke which happens to be in a confined space filled with people. Annoyed, I intend to give him the stink-eye. However, upon closer inspection I realized I recognized that white hair and moustache despite the face turned away and under a blue cap. And I was right, it was Tan Sri Hassan himself. First thought though, well, he’s still wrong and being unreasonable at that to be smoking in a crowd of people but then again, recalling the stick he’s been getting from some sections of the public around that time, I decided to give him a break. Me, a schmuck giving the President and CEO of the largest corporation of Malaysia a break. But I did. He may not realize it but I did.

It was around the time I left the foot massage tent that I caught the sight of Eiwa. At first I wasn’t sure if it was her but it was very likely to she would be present. She stood far away and it was only a glancing view but after those years of obsessing about her, I could recognize that body from a mile away. If I wasn’t mistaken, she seem to have put on a little weight, which is good because I always though she was too skinny for her own good at times. When will women understand we men hardly go for a Kate Moss, or the current version of Keira Knightley as of late. A little JLo wouldn’t hurt anyone. And we can never get enough of Beyonce. All for more loving. Which was why I was so pleased to see Eiwa that way. Of course, I couldn’t yell out to her to come over for one I didn’t want to draw any attention and two, my mother was right next to me. No, it would too weird and uncomfortable for both of us. Greg Fokker isn’t just my style. Again, as many times before, I just watched her from afar. Thinking how hot she would look dripping naked. How would I love to eat her up. And on cue, there’s Tan Sri Hassan walking out all by himself. Those official BMW Sauber F1 sneakers really do look snazzy. Very rare. Very nice. One of the perks, huh?

As for Bunga, well, quite some time since I talked about her too, huh? Sad thing is I wasn’t able to attend the last two futsal sessions. Bummer. ‘Cause I really missed her in those grey sweat pants. Those things really catch the contours of her ass and thighs nicely. Very sexy. Sometimes she would stand, hands on hips, putting her weight on one foot while waiting for the ball to come to her and that is a Kodak moment for me, every time. I could snap her picture, put it as my wallpaper and be very happy for a long time. And be called a stalker and never get invited to play ever again.

Last time I came to play, she said hi to me and it was my highlight of the day. Probably the week. She is just that hot to me. And, to…that…boyfriend of hers. You know, in her Facebook status she lists herself as single but in the photo gallery, numerous pictures of them cuddling with each other. It really sorts of messes up my mind. Do we mortals still have a chance, or anything? Maybe it’s one of those Andi-Greg things going on. ‘We’re seeing each other but it’s too early to call us a couple’ thing. And it’s us who got commitment issues. BS. Oh yeah, I’m into Reaper right now. I just downloaded and watched the whole 18 episodes of the first season in under 5 days. It’s sick, I know, but the show’s pretty funny and 8TV only air it on Friday nights, with no repeats. Who on earth purposely stay at home at 10 pm on a Friday night just to catch a one hour show? I just had to get it out of my conscience, quickly. That’s another reason why I haven’t been writing lately.

You know what? One thing I really need right now? A fucking date. In every sense of the word.

Ah shit, I got a feeling it’s going to be one of those cycles again. I wouldn’t be surprised if one these days I’d be writing one of those ‘I need a girlfriend’ post. Fuck! I hate it when it turn so vulnerable.

Dude, I need to get some action. It Sunday afternoon, I know, hardly a chance, but what the hell.

Hang loose, bee-yatch!

No comments: