Monday, July 07, 2008

Action? Oh Yeah. -Ish

It’s been described as one of the best Wimbledon final ever, the Nadal – Federer last night, which ended at 4.30 am local time. It went through 62 games. Beating the previous record of 55 between Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe. And I missed it. Well, not on purpose. As a matter of fact, looking back at what took place, I kind of wished I hadn’t. Ever since Ivanovic bowed out of the competition, I just lost interest in the whole thing. On a side note, what’s with the theory that she couldn’t perform because the gap between Roland Garros and Wimbledon is barely non-existent and a player needs a long preparation period to do well at SW6? Well, then, how do you explain Nadal? I know he’s a freakish testosterone driven tennis machine and Ana is just basically a 20-year-old chick but, ah, forget about it.

Point is, I would have caught that final yesterday that is, if I hadn’t got any action! Oh yeah! That’s right, baby! I did. I rock!

Okay, that may sound a little bit exaggerated but yes, I did went out with a few people despite it was being a Sunday evening. We were planning to watch Hancock, but the soonest available show was 3 hours away so it turned into a bowling plan. When that too didn’t happen, it almost turned into a batting cage session when finally we ended up at an eatery called William somewhere in SS2, which is a wonderful place (figuratively) because it offers incredible food at half the price as compared to any other fancy restaurants in the region. Even Tony Roma’s. If I had to choose, it would be, well, depends on the occasion. If it’s a hot date, then it’ll be Tony’s. If it’s just a bunch of buddies who happen to be really, really hungry, it’s William hands down. Or Murni.

Here I am talking about food again. Let’s change the subject. How about shoes? Let’s talk about shoes. This is becoming a recurring thing, doesn’t it?

It’s about Macbeth. For those of you who think I’m referring to anything Shakespearean, obviously you don’t know me. Or googled the wrong blog. Though it does remind me of a funny Blackadder episode. Anyway, it’s a shoe brand, very rock-ish. Made popular by Blink-182 and up until last Thursday, unavailable anywhere in Malaysia. Closest you can get a pair was by crossing the causeway to Singapore. But fret no more, 27 Heaven at Cineleisure is finally bringing them to our shores. Safe to say, I’m eyeing a pair for myself but I’ll hang on for the time being, waiting for them to stock up properly first. Unlike most people, I try my best not to buy on impulse. Except for those ‘health’ trips I take with Ridhu. On second thought, they were more towards services rendered. Once, I came home with the smell of women’s perfume all over me. That was an awkward moment. Speaking of women, Tita was present as well during yesterday’s attempt of having a good time albeit briefly. Hey, as long as there a chick as hot as her lingering with us losers, it’s always considered a good outing.

Hey, it is a recurring theme. Food, shoes then women. Geez, I hope you don’t find this boring.

No comments: