Tuesday, July 03, 2007

True Story of the Day

I went to my first MBA class today and under normal circumstances, why would I even attempt to go through the trouble of writing my experience but something really peculiar happened and I think it’s worth my time and effort to share it with you.

There’s this lady in my class. Malay, late 20s I guess, probably married with kids, baju kurung, bertudung, just your typical office mate I presume and at the beginning of the class, each of the students was required to stand up and introduce themselves. So, came her turn, she stood up and with a calm manner she announced,

‘Assalamualaikum, name saye Najua…’

As her name vibrated through the whole room, I couldn’t remember what she said next as I was temporarily transfixed. People, I could not have possibly made this up. This is an honest to god truth story. Well, maybe her name is spelt with a ‘W’, I don’t know. What I do know is, throughout the night, this irony really gave me the creeps. I don’t know what twisted little game fate has been toying me with but, damn it, it sure as hell working. The lady herself doesn’t realize a thing what she had done to a fat bloke sitting at the last row simply by pronouncing her name. As for me, all the memories were coming back thick and fast, and honestly, it’s not a pleasant feeling. Here I am still trying to get though my latest tragedy and here comes a stark reminder of the previous one. How on earth do you expect me to move on? It’s already difficult as it is. Stop fucking with me!!

And you know what? I came home, turned to my computer, checking my emails as usual and while I was browsing through the ‘Who’s Viewed Me’ section of my Friendster account and guess whose name popped out? C’mon just give a wild guess. That’s right. I already said her name once, I’m not gonna do it twice. There were only 2 viewing since yesterday. one was Oni and the other was her. And this is the genuine article. I don’t know what ticked her to click my name because, by golly, I even disconnected her from my network of friends. A new slate, remember? Then this happens. I mean, what the fuck? Is this some kind of a joke? Is this god’s way of sharing his sense of humour? ‘I’ll put this girl with the THE name together with him in his MBA class and have the actual girl checking out his Friendster account. That should screw his mind out. Oh this should be fun,’

Seriously?

Why should she view my profile anyway? I don’t know what it means. Maybe it’s just a coincidence. Maybe she has softened enough to have forgiven me. I just don’t know. All this and I have yet to come up with a speech for Project Folklore. Oh, today’s operation went well, so to speak. I even went to Petronas Research, Bangi to video some of my brother’s work colleagues. And while I was over there, I caught a glimpse of a Decepticon freezer truck parked within the perimeters. It’s true then. They are already here.

Oh, by the way, about the Dayana story in the previous post, what I meant to say was that I should use the ‘I’m not working, still studying’ gig again more often when to comes to paying food since people tend to be more sympathetic to me that way. Hey, it’s not my fault when they ask, ‘kau buat ape skrg?’ Requesting an answer from me for that kind of question, you are asking yourself to be put in a guilty position…especially when you were under the assumption that we were supposed to split the bill.

Oh well. Got a long day tomorrow. Good night, folks. I’ll see you tomorrow, Najua.

No comments: