Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Majlis Berbuka Puasa Bersama Anak-anak Yatim (but without the anak-anak yatim)

Remember I told you about the buka puasa session that’s to be held at the JW Marriot during the weekend? Well, it went down smoothly last Sunday. This is a little bit about that night.

First of all, it was great to have most of the invitees present. A total of 13 people came and as the project manager, I’d say it was a successful outing. The people present were mostly friends from our university days and we hadn’t had a gathering as big and momentous such as this for a long time. Probably since graduation, which was last December. So everyone was excited and looking forward to this night.

Sadly though, the venue itself was a tad disappointing. It was probably because of the haze and the absence of rain on that day but it was incredibly warm on the premises. It was if we were all sitting beside a hot spring rather than the hotel’s swimming pool. And the food wasn’t great either. There were hardly any highlights. I could point out the roast lamb and that’s probably just it. Even the dessert table had only five items on it. Naturally I’d expected more from 5 star hotel buffet. I guess it explains the relatively low price as compared to other hotel establishments.

But most importantly I think everybody had fun. Especially with Kak Nieta around. So, to all who came that night, I personally thank you for making it a memorable one. It made the RM700+ full payment I had to pay upfront for the reservation worthwhile. 'Til then, people.

Webek! Webek!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Chillin' after a hefty meal. That's me flanked by women. But I guess you'd probably knew that.
(left to right: Aritha, Me, Jes (at the front), Sasa, Irwan (at the back), Apau, Acai)



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the shot ala paparazzi that Cipoi took (siap ade frame lagi). As you can see, from left to right, there's me, Irwan, Acai, Yusrizal, Small Fries, Aritha, Regina, Jes and Apau.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weih... where is my name.. ??
u should apprciate da one that taking the picture... :p

Anonymous said...

Sedihnyer tak dapat nak join photo session ni :(

Anonymous said...

badok aku rasa sometjing happen lepas bukak puasa tu...apsal tak cite?

Anonymous said...

tu lah baby, sape suruh kau balik awal? chihihihi ... takpe kite tunggu hari raya plak *sambil jeling kat sasha*

The Gerbil said...

(ahem)
My sincerest apologies to the photographer. I should’ve known better than to leave out the name of the person who took the trouble of getting up to snap this lovely picture of us and by doing so sacrificing oneself by not being in it. Problem is, if only I know to whom I should credit it to. If I recall correctly, Zalina and Sarah had already left the evening by that time. They were 7 people in the pic and I know Nieta and Yusrizal didn’t even come close to handling the cameras so that only leaves E and Regina. Probably I should just thank both of you. Although my suspicion is leaning towards Regina. I just have this funny feeling that she would be exactly the kind of person who would point out something like this to me. Crediting the photographer, that is. But, I could be wrong. But if I’m right, well, forewarn for you, Gambit. Make sure to say thank you after you asked her to snap a picture for you. I got off easy this time. I couldn’t say the same thing would happen to you.

Now, what’s next? Something happen? Like what? Well, I could think of two things. But to make the story make some sense, a little flashback is required.

The night before, which was Saturday, some of the boys, including me, were chillin’ at Suzi’s Corner, Ampang. Just a regular night out, nothing fancy. Then, out of passing, Watai asked me how Marriot went (with him being one of my regular visitors to my blog). I said I don’t know because it’s only be going down tomorrow night (Sunday). Suddenly his face lit up, in the classic Watai way every time a mischievous thought crept into his mind. It wasn’t long before a stoned Gambit joined the table and got a quick lowdown from Watai. Soon, it was Cipoi who arrived to the party and somebody suggested that they crash on me at the Marriot on Sunday, just for fun. Suddenly, they were all buzzing. I, for one, didn’t object to the proposition simply because I didn’t think any of them were particularly serious. Well, you can imagine my surprise when during a little walk in front of the Louis Vuitton store, Cipoi suddenly showed up out of nowhere and took a group picture of us like a paparazzi. Well, he did ask for permission first, so I guess he was more polite than a regular paparazzi. Then, he excused himself as quickly as he had come. A few steps later, suspecting something fishy, I turned back and from the corner of my eye I saw Bulu aka Small Fries jumping excitedly alongside Cipoi. Then I knew – they actually came.

Everybody decided to call it a night at around 10 since most of us would be working the next day, including me. But to me, calling it a night when you’re in the middle of city and it’s 10 pm just seemed wrong. So I called up Cipoi, asking where he was and found out they were back at Ampang. So there I went.

Cipoi, Small Fries, Kme and Gambit were jamming so I just pulled a seat by the side in the soundproofed room as they played out tracks from Greenday and Nirvana. I think I even dozed off for a while towards the end. Strange considering how much noise was going on around me. Anyway, it was about 12 when they finished and we chilled to cool the night off at the new Pelita Ampang. Somewhere along the way Cipoi took out his camera and showed his earlier snippet of me and the rest of the Marriot crowd. So, upon request, I pointed out which one is Jes, Apau, Aritha and others as Gambit failed to recognize his own work colleague.

At 2am, we finally called it a night and went home. There, the end.

I wish people would stop being anonymous unless in actual fact they are anonymous to me.

SasaShasha said...

takpe kite tunggu hari raya plak *sambil jeling kat sasha* <-- motif jeling kat aku?haaa...ni mesti nak tgu open house kan? i akan cube hasut emakku utk buat open hse.ada ura2 mcm jadi je setelah ketiadaan open hse thn lps.tunggu~

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! badok!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...badok sebut nama aku berkali2..syoknye publicity murahan..oh..for those who don't read malay i said "yeah..badok.."..ah fuck it

Anonymous said...

laaa..kwn kau ke yg sebuk nk amek gamba tu..br nk berangan celebrity..haha..

Anonymous said...

ehh mcm dh post comment td. tp ilang la pulak. hmm. papepun kwn kau bjaya memperdayakn mak. ada tokoh menjd paparazi.

Anonymous said...

gila semua bercyber sekarang.

Anonymous said...

ala.. gamba yg amik kat dpn starhill tu planned ke? aku pun baru nak brangan ada paparazi amik gamba. cis! takpe, i'm so used to paparazi back in milan. i feel safer in malaysia to walk around. githue.