Friday, August 04, 2006

Recap for the Week

On Monday Eiwa agreed on principal to have a drink with me (albeit she insisted on having Nebu joining us as well) but she cancelled just when I was on my way to KLCC because there’s a sudden sending-off party for one of the supervisors and the whole department was invited. And, of course, who am I to stop her? Well, better luck next time, muchacho.

But Tuesday was good though. In fact, it was very good. It was one of those days when before retiring to bed, you can look back to the day and say with a smile, ‘That was a day well spent,’

It all started with me having nothing much to do at the office. And things turned better when I was assigned to be the despatch boy for the day. I love despatching. Mainly it involves going to client’s places to deliver and/or retrieve documents. Why I love it is because I get to jalan-jalan, waste loads of time while doing so and I get to claim the mileage.

Furthermore, I was to end early that day because IAFG (Inter-Accounting Firms Games) 2006 was already underway and football was on the agenda. All staff who were deemed surplus to requirements for the day are required to attend the match, which was held at SM Jalan Cochrane, and cheer on the team. I was reluctant to go at first because I had this Starlight thing arranged with my muse later that evening and I have to be at Sentul Park before 7 (and you know how the traffic is along Jalan Tun Razak during the evening rush hour). But in the end I thought I should be able to make it. Besides it’s football. How can I miss that? So I went. And it was a journey worthwhile. Deloitte trounced its opposition 8-0. In any game of football, no matter who your opponents are, 8-0 is always a good result. Luckily for me, the game is 25-minutes per half. So the match ended slightly after 5. I should have gotten a head start but I thought I hang for a while for the post-match celebrations.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hey, look that's me! (The supporters bench)

It was 5.30 before I finally made my move and even though I (and Sasa included) had a bit of trouble trying to get onto Jln Ipoh, we did manage to arrive before 7. We traveled separately, by the way. And as for Sentul Park, wow, it’s still as amazing as the last time I remember it. Perhaps even better this time.

Starlight Cinema, I think, has made a wise choice opting to move from Bukit Kiara to Sentul Park because when I was at Kiara, I always couldn’t help but think this is probably where the horses went running around and poo occasionally. You always have that discomforting feeling. Call it paranoia even. But at Sentul, you know that even humans had rarely set foot there before you came. So it has that au naturel feel to it. That was quite liberating. I, for one, enjoyed the experience tremendously. The trees are beautiful, the green hills are beautiful, the air moist and the surrounding silent. The only thing missing are squirrels running around.

As for the movie, it was Click. And I was surprised because I was expecting a clichéd storyline but it somehow managed to keep it interesting throughout. It’s more towards Spanglish rather than Longest Yard. Not as good or dramatic as Spanglish and not as funny as Longest Yard. Just between those two. But it was a quite apt choice for a movie under the stars. Wait a minute, there were no stars that night. Ah forget it. But one poor aspect of Starlight Cinema is the choice of food. There’s only one food outlet in the whole premise and it created a backlog of customers. The only people who are happy with that are probably the owners of the place who can exercise monopoly. And there’s little place next to it selling Twisties. So if you’re thinking, ‘Let’s just buy our food there,’ then don’t you’ll only end up disappointed because it’s just not worth the effort of lining up half-an-hour for a burgers and fries. Just like Sasa and me. In the end we just had Twisties and I stopped by at Burger King on the way home. Everything else was just fine.

It’s my mother’s birthday on the 10th and my brother has arranged for a big family dinner at Rahsia tonight. So that’s something to look forward to.

Sebagai penutup, I’ll put another picture of me as a supporter of the Deloitte football team when I attended the match against Ernst & Young yesterday at Stadium Jalan Raja Muda. Oh we won by the way. 2-0. And they were the defending champions.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Zal said...

Auditors aww :)~~

SasaShasha said...

abang cap merah dengan cap biru tu sape? =p~

Anonymous said...

hayo aku dh agak mesti ade org komen ... chihihihi. meriah jgk keje kau faizad. lama x jumpe nabil

Zal said...

Aku tader komen ensem ke tak ensem okay, just jerit auditors and :)~~ ;p