Monday, July 18, 2005

Liberated

It’s nice to know there are people out there who are actually concerned about my well-being. I could do no more than express my heartfelt gratitude. I just hope it suffices. Well, my blood test result came back and, unsurprisingly, I had high concentration of uric acid in my blood stream. And on top of that my cholesterol level was also high. I guess that would daftly confirm that I was a victim of gout and not to mention obesity. Heh, ‘victim’, as if it was not self inflicted. But anyway, all this is just a dose of reality check, I suppose. Well, hello, it’s not as if I have LL Cool J’s physique. More like Kevin James’, as you may. All this while it’s more like the concept of ‘innocent-until-proven-guilty’ for me. Now, with those sheets of paper listing the break down of my blood particles, it’s hard evidence of how unhealthy I am. Well, there’s no escaping it now. I have to watch what I consume now, en forth. Darn.

And because of my immobility, I missed two very interesting shows this past weekend. Jit Happens and Shelley Leong. Two talented artists in their own right. One, a cult figure in the stage-performing world when it comes to comedy and the other, a brilliant songstress. Both ended their respective performances yesterday and who knows when their next show will come. Maybe next month, or maybe next year. Whenever it is, all the aggravating thought left me pretty bitter this morning.

But fret not, fellow friends, as I am not all full of disappointments and agony. For the good news is that, as of today, I am almost cured of the wretched illness of gout. And for that, I no longer walk in a funny way. My rhythm has become less funnier by the day. No more pain. No more throbbing. And certainly, no more cruel jokes.

And what better way to celebrate than to grab those car keys and abscond from my solace. Sounds a bit too dramatic, doesn’t it? In truth I just went to see a movie. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to say that I have seen the movie War of the Worlds! And it scared the living wits out of me. How could people say Ju-On was scary? That was comedy to me. But this, oh my, this actually made my heart pounding and my hands gripping the armrests. Some people, and even my friends, thinks it’s absurd but hostile alien-beings trying to take over the world seems a very frightening thought to me. However, it’s not much about the three-legged creatures that I most want to talk about. It’s about a girl. Much prettier than those tripods and, would you believe it, much more understandable.

She was the, uh, oh I don’t know what her job title is but when you line up to buy movie tickets at the counter, they are the people who sell you those tickets. The people at the counters, or whatever you may call them. Anyway, she’s one of them and my goodness was she adorable. I couldn’t concentrate when I was purchasing those tickets from her because I was so busy admiring her beauty. As I watched her punching in keys on her keyboard, I noticed two things. One, she has puffy cheeks and two, how elegantly the way her hair fell across her forehead. As I walked away, I turned around to get one more look just to be certain. Yes, she is adorable. No mistake about that. So, what now? Well, I was planning to do a double-header and watch Fantastic Four soon after but after having that chance encounter, I’ll postpone it until tomorrow. For when I’ll come again, buy the tickets and ask her out for a drink. Yes, I’ve decided to skip that earlier step of asking my female friends on what they think of Frank Abignale Jr’s line and actually experimenting it myself. I just need to dress nicer come tomorrow and add a little bit of charm. Oh this should be exciting, wouldn’t it? I just hope she works tomorrow, among my other worries. If everything works according to plan, the next entry should be a rather interesting one, wouldn’t you think?

No comments: