Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The 77th, Keanu and Two Lovely Ladies that I'm about to meet

Now, being down in despair up until the 79th minute, I was getting ready for bed. But when the tables were suddenly turned, adrenaline rushed through my veins and I was fresh immediately. Of course, in an upbeat mood after seeing the Carling Cup aloft above John Terry’s head, I find myself flicking trough Astro at 2 o’clock in the morning. It wasn’t long before I stumbled upon Aliens and Dreamcatcher. Oh and guess what? The Milan derby was on soon after. But of course, when the time shows 4.30 am, I usually couldn’t keep my eyes open. Sure enough, I dozed off, sprawling in front of the TV even before halftime (no big regrets there because Milan won by a marginal 1-0).

When I got up at noon the next day, wait, it was technically the same day, so, erm, 7 hours later, I decided that I got to watch Constantine before the cinemas end its run. So, there I was, cruising along the causeway towards One Utama when a radio DJ of Red started to announce the winners list of the Academy Awards. In a split second I realized that I just slept through a live telecast of the Academy Awards earlier in the morning. I just went, “Oh shit!!”. With my left hand on the steering wheel and my right hand up against my mouth, I just kept wondering how the hell could I have forgotten about this? I saw the Golden Globes, I saw the Grammys, even a few minutes of Bafta but I missed the big one? It was so absurd. Now, sitting there, I did not just realized that I missed the live telecast but now I know who the big winners were. Even if I do catch a repeat later that night (which I did), the surprise element would no longer be there. Haih…

Oh well, at least Constantine was amusing. Lucifer was funny in a devilish way and Gabriel reminded me of Cate Blanchett in the Aviator.

Enough with the grumbling, it is time for some, well, I shall say rather exciting news. If everything goes to plan, I will be entertaining two distinguished guests this week. One will be traveling from the North and the other from the South.

The North gal is of course Jesmin Jamel and it’s always fun when comes down here. ETA should be tomorrow or the day after but nothing is sure yet until she confirms it. And as usual, I have no idea where to take her jalan-jalan except to KLCC where she’ll be reporting for duty. However, one thing’s for sure with Jes is that every time I pick her up at Subang, the moment steps into the car she would declare her state of hunger and demands to be fed A.S.A.P. In Jes’ case, that means immediately. I have seen her in a state of hunger before and it ain’t pretty. So, just better to, you know, feed her…

The lady from the South will be Ity Nadira. This lady has been planning to come to KL since before the supposedly PD trip, which was before the tsunami incident and that means around the end of December. Well, it’s March now and seeing her face again would be much of a pleasure. But, again, I really don’t know where to take her jalan- jalan also since her best entourage, Sasa has to attend an RHB hi-tea thingy and until that party’s over, it is up to me to whisk Ity Nadira. Apart from the main shopping complexes located conveniently around the city, I don’t know what else that could interest her. Well, at least I can on Apau for a few ideas. Unless if it’s BB then I have to count myself out. No bloody hell am I going to bring my ass there.

I guess that’s it for now. Hopefully more will come next time around. If you’ll excuse me, I have loads of O.C., Desperate Housewives and CSIs to watch. They’re suffocating my HD.

No comments: