Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Inferno!!

All hail citizen journalism!!

Last Friday, y’see, I was on my way to Putrajaya and there was this potentially massive traffic jam building up which surprised me because I thought it was still quite early for it to be this bad, even for the KL-Seremban Highway. Then again, I wouldn’t know. Anyway, I was crawling along for a full 20 minutes before I knew what really caused the traffic, as you can clearly see by the picture below.




Yes, that’s right. Fireball of death! Inferno from Hell! I know, I’m exaggerating but how often do you get to see a van engulfed in flames on a public highway? Live right before your eyes? I’m pretty sure this was my first time. And this is when a camera phone becomes very handy. And as you can see, I was clearly seated at the passenger’s side of the car. Not breaking any traffic rules there.

Y’know what? I should utilize this camera phone thing more often. Well, excuse me for upgrading too late to realize the joys and convenience of it while people like Gary Oldman are already persuading the public to become amateur film makers with the N Series. Which, if I may point out, is rather cool. If you’re that self-absorbed, that is.

But you know the best part of having a camera phone? You can finally take a permanent memory of that beautiful woman who just walked by. And I almost did that. Almost. She was sitting right across me at the café and she already realized I was sneaking glances at her. Somehow the idea of taking out my shiny blue handphone and held it in a position much too obvious to suggest that I was clearly aiming my lens towards her, would seem incredibly perversive. And yet, I still regretted my decision not to do just that. If I did, man, she would be definitely worth it. But the moment has passed and I have nothing of proof except for my words. Cherish, people, of all things beautiful. ‘Cause you’ll never know when the next one’s coming. And suddenly I become all philosophical.

Well, cheers and later.

No comments: